Friday, September 19, 2008

Many Many Late Nights


by Ruth
I spent many many late nights at Tim's playing  Acey Duecey, and other poker games until the wee hours of the morning.  I won my tickets to America in one of those games.  Life was much easier, and I could stay up late and still make it to work in the morning.  Then we got on a chess game frenzy in which I learned a lot about chess.  I found out that you can loose in just 3 moves.  I lost most of the time,  but it was a lot of fun.  Tim was always a great host.  He had a never ending supply of tea and milk. I can still hear " Tea Rody, tea!" He also had a way with  wood.  We played on a chess board that he had made.  It had two seats on either side of the board stained in dark wood. The board was tiled and opend to hold the chess pieces inside.  It was a beautiful piece and I loved it.  I have not seen anything like it ever since.

Just want to wish you a Very Happy Birthday  You have always been a good friend, and lots of fun. I wish you the best. Love, Ruth. 

No comments: